Sunday, February 13, 2011

W.i.P.

Quilters know all about W.i.P. That would be “Works-In-Progress”. We all have them – probably several (the dictionary indicates this as two or more) or most likely, many (a large number). I’m joining with Lee of freshlypieced for W.i.P. Wednesday. I’ll start today by listing my current W.i.P., then update the list each Wednesday and link up with other bloggers who are doing the same. Should be fun, and hopefully, inspiring!

Just finished
Seneca Falls

Top priority
New Wave
The quilt pattern is from Oh, Fransson, and a template is used to cut out the blocks. I used stash fabrics, which made me happy. I'm machine quilting it now and will pass on to my mom for her friend who is facing surgery. So this one needs to be done soon.


Quilt alongs
Block-a-palooza
I get new block instructions each Monday & Thursday, so am looking forward to a new block tomorrow! I am caught up and have the first six blocks completed. Again, I'm using stash fabrics for this quilt. Old stash fabrics . . .


Socken
I have to wait till Tuesday for the instructions for the next step in this quilt along. I had the background fabric in my stash, but purchased new Kona cottons for this one, my first solid-color quilt. So far, have the strips with color stitched together.

 
Anxious to start
Blue table runner
My cousin really would like me to make her a table runner, so it's "on the list" - her color is blue, so I hope to use both this new FQ pack, plus fabrics from my stash. I still need to decide on a pattern - one requirement - "square" ends vs. pointy. Any ideas? Please leave a comment.

Central Park
What I really, really want to work on, is a new Central Park Layer Cake. I really like Kate Spain's fabric, and this collection is no exception! I'm planning on using Freckled Whimsy's pattern, "Geese in the Park", found on moda bakeshop. Hope to be starting on this SOON!


Need to do
In preparation for my second machine quilting class on February 19, I have a sample quilt block to quilt + practice stippling. I've been practicing, and am coming along, but still have a loooong way to go. Not quite ready to show pictures of my practice pieces - maybe later.
Lastly, I have the last project from the Pioneer Women Sewing Circle to do. Really would like that series DONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment