Friday, July 6, 2012

Random

You've probably already noticed that 100 QUILTS for kids is back! A blog hop started July 2, and there's a quilt-along coming up. I hope to make at least one quilt to donate to my local Project Linus, where I gave a couple last year during this event.
Swim, Bike, Quilt

I already shared about City House Studio having the book bag pattern I tested on sale now. It was nice of Michelle to include several of the testers' bags in her announcement post, and it was fun to see the bag in several palettes and styles.


Boy, this new Stash Stack Club at Pink Castle Fabrics is just what I need. My stash leans very heavily to the cool colors and grays, so this could really help me beef up the colors I'm short on.
Pink Castle Fabrics


Pink Chalk studio, on the other hand, is hosting "where i sew" again, highlighting real spaces where real people sew. In addition to special contributors, there is also a link-up where you can show off your sewing space. I linked up mine last year; not sure if it's changed enough to link again, but it's definitely fun to take a tour of the sewing spaces.
Oddly, when I was over on Pink Chalk's webside, I saw a free pattern for a water bottle holder very similar to our zakka project - so just fyi for those of you that don't have the book.

Lastly, I don't think I mentioned that daughter dear and I are signed up for an Improvisational Patchwork class later this month. It's taught by Katie Pedersen, co-author of Quilting Modern, which should be fun and inspirational.

Guess that's all for now! Hope you have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm jealous, that you and DD are going to a class taught by Katie Pederson!!! I have the book. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great class! How fun for you and your daughter to share this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always enjoy your Random posts. :) Sorry for not making it to the {picnic}table this week! The Stash Stack Club looks promising - thank you for that link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Alena

    Low Platelets Treatment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so tempted by that stash club! Enjoy the class, sounds like loads of fun :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stash club is a great idea. Think I'll just get the colours I need when the month comes round.
    Hope you have fun in the class =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a little green with envy that you get to do that class - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your random posts. You help to keep me up to date! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for all the info. Enjoy your class. I ordered that book because I just have to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many fun things going on! Have fun at your class, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good update Debbie! We're just back from a week away, I clicked "mark all read" in my google reader, and will carry on from here! I'm feeling quite out of the loop and uninspired at the moment but hopefully that will rectify itself soon. I did a bit of EPP on our vacation but not nearly as much as I thought I would. :) Isn't that just the way. Ahh well, it's summer afterall.

    ReplyDelete