Wednesday, September 5, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday . . . or Not

Well I am in a bit of a quandary . . . It's W.i.P. Wednesday, to be sure, but I have nothing in the works. I'm at the rare but hopefully brief point in time where my w.i.p.s are caught up and it's time to jump into new projects. Add to the mix a few days sorting Polaroid blocks and a little get-away with hubby, and well, there you go. So I'll share what I've completed of last week's w.i.p.s and just not link up today.

Completed projects
Zakka Style Sew-Along project #22: Pleated Coin Purse - It's crazy that with a hobby you love there are actually projects that strike fear in your heart! (funny, but serious) And this innocent-looking metal frame did in mine. But it needn't have. I chose a couple of fav fabrics, followed the instructions in the Zakka book to a T, and before long I had a darling little purse pre-frame. I did veer off then and take a try at sewing my frame on, since it had sewing holes that were calling to me. Since then, I've heard horror stories about gluing in frames, but undoubtedly, I'll need to try that one of these days too. Cuz let's just end here by saying this won't be my last frame purse. (complete post here)

Improv Log-Cabin Quilt - I feel like I've shared alot about this little quilt (approx. 30" by 36"). You can read  all about it here and here.

Zakka Style Sew-Along project #23: Happy Garland Message Board - This was a quick and easy little project - complete post coming soon!

Upcoming projects
* more Zakka - only one more to go! (sad but true)
* a quilt to coordinate with my Christmas tree skirt
* scrappy Metrolink
* Modern Cross quilt for my sister-in-law
* EZ Dresden Challenge project
* another frame purse NEW
* Mod Pop QAL NEW
* ??

Hopefully more w.i.p.s to show off next week!

18 comments:

  1. I love the message board, what a clever idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, well done you. Now I have a bunch of things that need to get done before Sewing Summit, can I send you some? You know, now you have all that free time and all... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your second to last zakka project looks very pretty. Love the little heart you hung on it (o:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that having a list of Upcoming Projects counts as WIPs! Love the message board, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always your projects are so very cool. The pleated coin purse is darling! Savor the brief moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So it's 6:30 a.m. And after reading your last post, I want a cheeseburger! Is that breakfast food? Enjoy some down time while you think of new projects .

    ReplyDelete
  7. one more zakka for you, I bet the weeks won't feel the same without it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm right there with you. I've have no active progress on anything right now, mostly waiting on Mr. Mailman. :) I did make a passport wallet for my sister on the weekend but I'm waiting until she gets it before I post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No projects in the works? I didn't even know that was possible! Glad you got a little break!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The message board is really neat! I bet you have lots of projects in your imagination even if they aren't quite coming together yet in the sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm kind of jealous that you're all caught up! Looking forward to the message board!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Caught up" !! those are two words you never see/hear in a quilters world.. you are far too productive missy - more vineyard dates are necessary i guess, start slacking off a bit you're showing up the rest of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your little get-away. Sound wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh you should be glad you're all caught up. Though it does tend to leave the airy 'what next' feeling =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all your zakka projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous stuff! Glad you've not drowned in polaroids ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. No WIP's that is CRAZY! I can give you some of mine! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. That purse is amazing. It looks very sculptural, very artsy. I have to say that purse frames strike terror in my heart, but if you were able to finish it, maybe I can too.

    Elizabeth E.
    opquilt.com

    ReplyDelete