Saturday, October 5, 2013

Ahem. September Bee Blocks

Thankfully my September bee blocks went into the mail yesterday to their rightful owners. To put it simply: it was just one of those months.

Michonne/Watch Meesh Run asked That Stash Bee for square-in-square blocks a la Fresh Lemons' Lemon Squares Quilt. What I loved about this assignment was that there were actually 6 blocks to choose from. I ended up doing 2 of the same type, as that style was lacking in our flickr group.
Square-in-square blocks

Funny thing, Michonne and I are also bee-mates in the Always Bee Learning bee, and it was her month up in this bee too! For ABL, we made Belle Wave blocks - also from Fresh Lemons. hmmm.
Belle Wave blocks

For the Mid-Century Modern Bee, Anne/SpringLeaf Studios asked us to make blocks of her own design! She told us we'd be surprised by her planned quilt layout, so I'm quite curious!
Mid-Century Modern Bee

And lastly, for FAITH Circle, Debbie/Blue.Ridge.Girl had a unique project for us - a strip for a row quilt! We were asked to make 4", 6", or 8" finished blocks, and we could use any block we wanted. I oped for a Court House Steps strip that measures 6 1/2" x 48 1/2".Courthouse Steps row

So yeah, it was a relief to get those in the mail with a new batch up for October!

6 comments:

  1. It feels like I was here yesterday and now there's so much to look at and enjoy. You did so much where I only went to bed early and just dream of sewing a lot...
    I especially like the mug rug and can imagine making one myself for our kitchen table. We'll see. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that feeling ; ) You did great Debbie. I have not even thought about Octobers yet. Enjoy your week end

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious about Anne's design too! And you know what they say -"Better late than never!" They will be be much appreciated, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With a little goodwill I'm sure we can all think of it as September still :) You know, the most important thing is that the blocks are well made and beautiful. Never mind the calendar then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your MCM blocks look great Debbie. Can't wait ti get them. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete