Friday, December 26, 2014

et cetera

So there were several Christmas gifts that you may have caught glimpses of in my flickr stream or on Instagram, but that I was not able to blog about till now. Glancing through them quickly I notice that they are all remakes of patterns I've made before. As much as I like trying new patterns, when I find one I really like, I often have to make it again!
 
First is another Snowflake Pillow {here's my first}. I made the 9" version from During Quiet Times' pattern, adding borders to make a 12" pillow. I wasn't sure how the directional blue stash fabric would work, but I ended up really liking how it gave the effect of a swirling snow storm. And the white on white Lizzy House pearl bracelets are perfect for the snowflake.

The kindle cover tutorial by Ellison Lane Quilts is one I've used several times before, and it's been perfect each time. So of course I turned to it again this Christmas.

And another Noodlehead open wide zippered pouch made an appearance, as a carry-all for a bunch of sewing goodies for my 10-year-old godchild, Julia. Her wish came true in the form of a new sewing machine from Santa, so I'm excited to watch her passion grow.

And finally, I got a little carried away making two in one pouches using the pattern by s.o.t.a.k handmade.
I made 7 for Christmas, bringing my overall total to 10. I must say, so far this has been my favorite use of my Cotton + Steel fabrics.
 I kinda couldn't decide which photo of the last batch I'd share with you, so you get several!
And I gotta say, it warmed my heart plenty when 4-year-old grandgirl opened her present from me on Christmas morning - 3 Disney princesses + the small "just her size" pouch. After examining the princesses one by one, she pulled the pouch out of her giftbag and hollered, "oh grammy! This is even better!" Oh yeah.
  

15 comments:

  1. What beautiful gifts! I can imagine every recipient was super-pleased. Love all those pouches, and that little one is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were very productive in the gift giving category. I love the snowflake. I think it's my favorite pattern this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that is the cutest thing I've heard today! Love it. These are great, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she's a smart little girl! I still need to try out that two in one pouch...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these are ALL wonderful. I love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, that's a lot of super gorgeous gifts. And your little grand daughter is a smart one for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bags, they are great presents and clearly appreciated too. Lovely pillow too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely gifts. I am sure they were enjoyed by all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. busy busy!! I can't believe I didn't make anything for Christmas this year... Everything is beautiful! Love the swirly snow pillow too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such gorgeous handmade presents, Debbie. You gave Santa's elves some serious competition!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow great presents! Love the tiny pouch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, such great gifts, Debbie! There will be some very happy recipients!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an impressive set of gifts! You made lots of ladies happy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's the best ever response to a present! I agree, your two in one purses look very effective in the Cotton and Steel fabrics. The colours are clear and sharp.

    ReplyDelete