Thursday, June 16, 2016

Lake Country

Another month, another creative Bee Sewcial promt. This month, Felicity/Felicity Quilts chose the theme "Lake Country" since that's exactly where she's moving to in a few weeks. So of course, she asked for blocks in lake country colours - greens and blues - with the intent to create an impressionistic-looking lake/tree/sky quilt featuring strips going in one direction.

With my first block, I was totally thinking of a dense stand of trees on the far side of a lake.


Block two, I'm sure you can tell, was more about the lake itself.


I was really happy with the difference in scale between my two blocks and am anxious to see Felicity's quilt come together. Can't go wrong with blues and greens!

3 comments:

  1. You really have a knack for improv blocks Debbie! I don't know where you get your inspiration but I'd love a dose of it! LOVE the green one for its richness and depth especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I'd love to see that when she is done!

    ReplyDelete