Friday, June 30, 2017

Looking Up


One has to think long and hard when choosing a theme for the improv bee Bee Sewcial. Or maybe that's just me. At least I settled on one a couple of months ago, giving myself time to take some inspiration photos.


I'm hoping to encourage each of us to pause just a bit.... to notice the little things.... to be aware.... to look up.


The photos here are examples of what I've seen lately just randomly looking up when it crosses my mind to do so. I'm instructing my bee-mates: Please look up where you are. Base your block on what you see. Just tip your head back and look up!


I'd like one block from each of them, though I'm not particular about size - just the rough equivalent of two 12 1/2" blocks. The block can be square, or any proportion and orientation of rectangle. 



Another key element is the palette. I'd like all blocks to be done in grayscale - primarily using anything in the range from white to shades of gray, though small elements of black are fine.


And yet one more little request. When posting on Instagram or Flickr, please include ONE WORD to describe what your block represents to you. See in my Looking Up Flickr album how I have labeled my photos, each with a single word.



So relatively simple. Hopefully thoughtful. Minimal. Colorless. Just Look Up.....


Any and all of you, please feel free to sew along with us, posting on instagram with the hashtag #inspiredbybeesewcial.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I really am excited to see how this comes together and what your bee mates "see"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm might have to play along on this one! great theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome theme! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like looking up, I am fond of beautiful skies!
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it's such an interesting theme Debbie ! On top of that it seems to be easier than bacon ;-) I'm looking forward to seeing what your bee mates come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea. It will be fun to see all of the pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love the prompt. For me the challenge will be interpreting it in a minimalistic fashion.

    ReplyDelete